Are you feeling like 2016 is just now starting? Perhaps, like me, you noticed a subtle shift in the last week or so as February began? It’s as if you had wheeled your bike out of the garage last month but now you’re ready to get your feet on the pedals and ride!
But before you do, don’t forget to claim your 2nd KEY to your HAPPY, FULFILLING LIFE!
You see, you may have cleaned and polished your bike, oiled the brakes and be raring to go, but you won’t enjoy it as much if you haven’t decided what kind of ride you’d love. An easy, slow one to relax and get some fresh air, a cardio-pumping ride to break a sweat or something else? Whatever you decide is perfect – as long as it’s matches what you want and not what you think you should want, what others want for you or what you think others want for you!
Getting crystal-clear about what YOU WANT, makes YOU SMILE, SKIP and SPARKLE is absolutely vital to the kind of results in your energy, relationships, finances and more that bring you that.
If you want to stir things up a little, ask yourself this: “What if, as the author of my story, every prayer, request and intention I make is answered with a YES?”
How does that feel?
The truth is that when you think or say I AM/CAN/HAVE, you make a declaration to the Universe. And the Universe replies with its constant flow of opportunities, evidence and signs that say “YES! YOU ARE/CAN/HAVE______!”
Imagine how different your results would be if your declared “I am…
|feeling really great about this meeting||absolutely dreading tomorrow|
|can hardly sit still because I’m so excited!||completely exhausted|
|blessed to have this person in my life||terrible at picking romantic partners|
|on a roll at work:-)||just waiting to miss out on that promotion again|
Interesting to think about the impact you are having on your day-to-day life, right?
But maybe you’re saying “I’m very clear about what I want and I’m not getting the yes, so this all baloney!”
Well, the trick is that your CONSCIOUS mind can easily choose ONE THING, while your UNCONSCIOUS and SUBCONSCIOUS minds can send out a DIFFERENT SIGNAL entirely.
Just like the tip of an iceberg, it’s easy for you to be aware of your conscious mind, but most of your energy lies hidden in your unconscious and subconscious. The good news is that when what you’re consciously choosing doesn’t match up with what you’re experiencing, it doesn’t mean you never get what you want (it’s actually the opposite actually;-) or that you don’t deserve the good things in life, etc.
It’s simply an indicator that you’re not at least 80% in alignment with what you say you want.
There are many ways that misalignment can happen through patterns you’ve inherited, adopted or absorbed, etc. We could go into that for days and still have more to explore! (If this really speaks to you, go here to check out the most powerful way I’ve ever encountered to create alignment at every level!)
Let’s start at the top with your conscious mind and help you ensure that what you say you want is not based on what you:
- Think you should want rather than what you truly desire in your heart.
- Usually connected to a feeling that you should be grateful for what you already have, that wanting more would be greedy and being greedy means you’re a bad person.
- Believe that others want for you or what you think others want for you, e.g., your parents, a special teacher, boss, mentor, spiritual teacher, success as defined by your society, culture, etc.
- People-pleasing in order to feel safe, accepted, belonging is often connected to blocks around self-worth or self-love.
- Decide is reasonable, realistic or possible given what you know about life or your place in the world
- Filters of unworthiness, not getting too big for your boots, or ancestral patterning around what someone from your background/culture/upbringing can expect tends to place invisible barriers around your ability to dream bigger for yourself or take action to manifest that dream
If you’re reading this, consider this moment as an INVITATION FROM YOUR SOUL to redefine what happiness looks/feels/sounds like for you. Try this exploration at a time and place where you can be uninterrupted:
- Take a breath in and out of your heart centre and close your eyes
- Get an impression of travelling to the middle of your heart, just feeling what it’s like to be here for a few moments.
- When you’re ready, bring to your conscious mind a time, experience or memory when you felt light, free, expansive, joyful or “in the zone”
- Where were you?
- What were you doing?
- Who were you being, i.e., if you named the frequency of energy that you were vibrating with, what would it be?
- What’s the best way for you to vibrate at that frequency more often?
- Is there anything in your environment, relationships, habits, etc. that you can BRING IN or LET GO to more easily tune into that frequency?
- Breathe in this frequency through your heart. Imagine it flowing through your entire body until you’re so full it overflows into your energy field.
- Ask “What would I love to experience in my…”
- Health and well-being?
- Spiritual Connection?
- Who or what do I need to release or bring in to support these changes?
- Anchor this into your conscious mind so you easily remember the key information.
- Use your breath to bring your awareness back to where you started this journey and pay special attention to your physical presence in this here and now.
Try it! If you do, I’d love to hear you what you discover that helps you remember what happiness looks like to, for, as, through and in you!
Until next time, love and hugs