I don’t know about you, but I never thought that something as mundane as setting an alarm could result in magic, miracles and all kinds of loveliness!
I use my phone to set reminders throughout the day and free up attention for other things that are a better use of my energy. What I recently learned is to use these alarms to reshape my reality.
Want to learn how? Here’s the super simple exercise that doesn’t cost a penny and seems to create more time instead of taking it up!
- Decide what needs to be true for you to enjoy your every day reality.
- Keep it short and sweet as it’s easier to label your alarm or make a mental note of what it it means for you.
- Avoid picking something that is about someone else needing to become/do something. That’s never under your control!
- Choose something that as a truth for you can ripple in, through and as you from the core of your being and into your environment, affecting how you participate in every part of your life (some examples below).
- Set an alarm for a time of day/night and frequency that works best for you.
- It might be hourly on the hour, or at any time when you’re usually able to take a moment and be present. This is key!
- When your reminder rings, or see the name of your alarm come up on your phone, be with it and say it aloud or silently.
- Breathe in the words and their vibration.
- Then feel what it feels like to be in and live from this new version of reality
That’s pretty much it! Just one more thing after you breathe into your desired reality that I’ll explain in just a bit.
It may take a minute or more when you begin this practice. But as you repeat and build a rhythm, you’ll be able to reset your subconsciousness and tune into the feeling of your new reality at the first tinkle of the bell or melody you picked for your alarm.
It’s your FEELING that changes the VIBRATION you transmit to the Universe.
And it’s your VIBRATION that the Universe RESPONDS to with the opportunities, invitations, chance encounters, ideal people/events/circumstances, ideas and so much more that lead towards your desired reality.
Of course, living is not only thinking and feeling. It’s using your free will to make choices and what you DO or NOT DO. But that’s still doing something if you know what I mean;-)
Your alarms/reminders help you tune into your new TRUTH/BELIEF and the FEELINGS you enjoy in your desired reality.
And your FEELINGS influence the CHOICES you make and the ACTIONS you take that lead to your actual reality.
Not sure what to use to create your new reality set point? Here are some examples to get you going:
- Universe/Source/God has always got my back
- I always have a choice
- I am surrounded by miracles
- I am right here right now (Great to become more present, especially if you’ve a tendency to get out of your body and miss out on all those divine parcels from the Universe)
- I am __________ (awareness/calm/clarity/peace/compassion, prosperity, etc.)
- I am an attraction magnet for my ideal _________ (opportunities/life partner/friends/clients, etc.) with joyful ease
- My body is stronger with every breath
- I tap into my infinite potential now
- I love life and life loves me!
If you’ve got a fancy phone with alarms, fabulous! But if not, just set a regular alarm clock or pick something you do, see or hear on a daily basis to act as your reminder. For example,
- A clock striking the hour or half-hour
- Brushing your teeth
- Picking up your keys
- Going out the door for the first time each day
- Hearing a particular song come up in your regular playlist, etc.
For the last 4 weeks, I’ve had an alarm every day at 9:00am (labelled “I’m not here to do it alone”) and at 9pm (“God has got my back”).
I’ve already noticed a HUGE difference in how I respond in normal and more challenging situations. (Hey, 2 teenage boys at home is one of my greatest blessings AND a huge opportunity to practice patience, letting go, knowing when to step in or breathe and count to 100 or 1000!)
Interestingly it’s not just that I have more ideas and energy.
I also have more time for projects I’d put on the way-back-burner! If I didn’t know any better, I’d say it was like magic;-)
If you’d like to raise your vibration, be more deliberate about your transmissions into the world around you, or add more sparkles to your reality, will you give it a go?
I’d LOVE to hear what you notice as you remind yourself of your new reality!
P.S. I’m always learning and wise enough to know that I don’t know it all! I want to thank my dear friend and colleague, Dana Williams (Artist of Change, danalouisewilliams.com) who shared how to use the chime of a clock to tune into an empowering belief. I’m used to working with different energies and am very picky about who supports me with mine. I trust Dana and am grateful for her wisdom, healing expertise and sense of humour.